There are two effective ways to check if you have bad breath or halitosis.
1. The easiest way is to ask your family members or someone you can trust to check your breath for you.
2. Lick the back of your hand. Let it dry for about 10 seconds and then smell it.
3. Rub your gums with your finger and smell it.
4. Check the reactions of the people you interact with.
1. Reviewing your medical history. Our dentist will review your medical history, diet/nutrition, personal habits, and relevant details for conditions that may cause bad breath and likewise for medicines or any treatment you are undergoing that can cause dry mouth.
2. Our dentist will test your breath using the Halimeter, which can efficiently detect several volatile gases created by bacteria flora in your mouth or gastrointestinal tract.
3. Our dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums for any possible causes of bad breath, including dental caries, gum disease or tooth abscess.
4. After a complete evaluation and the real cause of your bad breath is found, you will receive necessary dental treatments, including fillings, deep cleaning etc etc. Patients with systemic diseases or other health conditions that may cause dry mouth and bad breath will be recommended to see physicians.